Monday, September 27, 2004

Out with the old, in with the new
I just finished the last of the whiskey my ex-boss gave to me months ago. Seemed fitting since I was laid off on Monday to kiss the past goodbye on Sunday at midnight with a toast of the whiskey that he gave me. I start the new year (figuratively speaking) with my own supply of Crown Royal that I found whilst going through boxes of stuff that had been packed for the remodel. Amazing how the Universe provides. Not that I'll be drinking whiskey that much in the future since a bottle of Crown will last me 6 months or more if no one else gets into it, but to have it "magically" appear and be available for a symbolic switch to the future was pretty cool. Also, I have been in an inexplicably good mood today. I want to play music, I want to paint, I want to write a novel, I want to run around town taking pictures in black and white and publish a coffee table book about my take on Austin. Which happens to be how I feel every time that I find myself unemployed. The creative juices start flowing and try their best to keep me from getting another "office job" . But they also kick me in the ass for the things I declined to pursue further like the concert pianist thing and the photo lab gig. Hey there juices, I took the other fork in the path and there's no going back now so just shut the fuck up about that! If you want to help, give me some new ideas . What, you got nothing to say? Well then, I suppose I'm destined for another mundane office job to pay the bills provided I even can find one. The pickings look pretty slim in the want ads. Ah well, all things happen for a reason and maybe there's something unexpected lurking just around the corner. I think for now I will just follow the advice given in the following Clutch lyrics:

Drink to the dead all you still alive
We shall join them in good time
Should you go crossin' that silvery brook
It's best to leap before you look

[Listening to: Hollow Inside - Buzzcocks - A Different Kind of Tension/Parts 1, 2, 3]

No comments:

Post a Comment