Sunday, September 19, 2004

THE THING ABOUT SMOKING CHICKEN

Is keeping it lit...hahahahahahahahaha.
I take my chicken smoking seriously, the right heat, soak the wood chips to prolong the smoke.The right marinade.I started with the stubbs BBQ chicken marinade,I added McCormicks southwest and then I added Sass ginger and garlic dressing. Then, just cause I'm crazy like that, I added 8 big fat cloves of raw garlic and rendered it into the marinade. I used pecan wood chips, it gives the chicken a warm brown color and a nutty taste.
I haven't smoked chicken in a long time...I have enjoyed myself today.

I had a dream last night about our recently departed friend, Mark Davis (rock star) . In this dream, we were driving with him at the wheel and I was asking him if he was happy now. He looked just like he always did,except he was grey and pallid. He wouldn't answer my question. I woke up with Theo at my head snuggling me and Irene curled up in the fork of my legs pressing in.
I am loved...and troubled, at the same time. A curious balancing act.
Got a light?

[Listening to: Mind Erase - Daddy Longhead - Classic (3:03)]

No comments:

Post a Comment