Monday, September 20, 2004

HERE WE GO...AGAIN

I tell ya, I can hardly stand this 'rebounding economy" of ours. Seems like Ann and I have been taking turns losing jobs for over 2 years now. Albeit, this time for Ann, it's been met with a sense of relief. We've done this before and as the economy continues to "recover", I imagine we'll do it again. There are so many people out there in similar,or worse circumstances that it's starting to feel less like a personal crisis and more like a national struggle with each round of our musical unemployment.
Toss in the emotional/spiritual/value rollercoaster I seem to have unlimited tickets for these days and you have personal crisis in the midst of a national struggle. I came to realize last night, that I still have friends.(I mean, I know I have friends, but I have been feeling friendless). I have to accept some responsibility for this, I haven't been actively in contact with the friends I left behind at hines and as a result, have become isolated.
Anyway, enough of that. I got a gentle, loving kick in the ass ( and hugs) from two people who mean a great deal to me and carry weight in my book. Thanks, you two.
Oh Yeah, the chicken was a hit.

[Listening to: Brimful Of Asha - Cornershop - When I Was Born For The 7th Time (5:17)]

No comments:

Post a Comment