Friday, September 10, 2004

THE J-BOX HAS LANDED

I finished running my conduit this morning, around 60 ft. with 6 J-boxes to seperate the 6 light zones in this conference room. I spent the morning and most of the afternoon on the tippy top of an 8 ft. ladder, I did pipe bending without consulting my journeyman, to navigate around the many obstacles...sprinkler system water pipes, joists and braces, other conduit,air conditioning ducts,and ceiling support wires.
It was a fitting challenge, and I'm happy to say it was a success, completed with very little consultation. I ran the wires and made up the joints in each junction box (begin with 1 each blue,green and white, add a black, then a red, then another blue, then another black and end up at the home run and connect them all together so each zone in the room works like it's suppose to). And they did.
I think I'm starting to get this shit.
A frequently overheard comment from journeymen: "Last week you couldn't spell electrician, and now you are one". Thanks...I think.

[Listening to: When We Two Parted - The Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen (5:47)]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE PLAN

Tomorrow morning, Ann and I will take Sullivan to the center's location that has the agility course, out in the country. We will run his ass ragged for much of the day. The idea being that Sully needs lots of activity and stimulation because he is so fucking smart. We will run his ass ragged at least twice a week and see how it affects his behavior at home.I'm hopeful...as much as his attacking Theo pissed me off, I understand that his behavior (the attack) is normal dog behavior, and that by challenging his smartness and high energy level will make for a happier dog and a calmer home. We'll see.

[Listening to: What Jail Is Like - The Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen (3:30)]

No comments:

Post a Comment