Monday, September 06, 2004

FLUX (N)

.flux - a state of uncertainty about what should be done (usually following some important event) preceding the establishment of a new direction of action;


Yeah, that about sums it up. I have been in flux since may. Sure, I have a job, Ann has a job. The job is not it, that and in itself. I am incomplete...I have no direction.
Sure, I have a license from the city that says I'm an apprentice electrician, sure, I applied for the state license one day before the deadline...I'll have that one (hopefully) by wed.
I have been working steadily as an "electrician" since, but really, I'm a maintainence man. A union maintainence man.I'm not learning anything...I demo out old lights and install new ones, I add plugs and clocks and circuits in a myriad of buildings at UT...to be truthful, I have learned some things.
I have learned that I can function on a ladder and not be afraid...I have learned that I can conquer the satan that is electrical power as long as I am careful.
Flux...that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment