Monday, May 10, 2004

STRANGE DAYS

I read Billy's post...damn. I have never been robbed, I have been "robbed" before, last saturday night as a most recent example, but that's another story and I accept full responsibility for those events :).
I am relieved that everyone is ok. My son was working graveyards at a quick stop for awhile and my fear was that some shit head with a gun would kill him for $100.00, I can relate to Billy's anger,shock, and everything else in between. After all, that's his child, and I can say that Kyle is the most important thing in my life. My most prized creation grown into his own and something to be proud of (and still worry about). If anything bad ever happened to him, I honestly don't know what I would do. Under Billy's circumstances I would want to hunt the motherfucker down and rip him limb from limb.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent my first full day putting "sweat equity" into our remodel. I am used to the periodic slogging of buckets of chemicals infused with sitting on my ass behind a phone and a computer, not steady hard physical work. We removed a double window from the side of our livingroom that faces the drive way...it did not come willingly, it did not want to be replaced by 8"x8"x3" glass blocks. In the end, we prevailed...covered the giant hole in our house with plywood and will line out the blocks tomorrow.And build the new bottom header, and trim it out, and spray texture, and paint. This remodel is now officially a red ball express. I am tired...but I'm smiling...nobody made me feel like shit today.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My package has been in winnipeg since the 7th...there is saskatchewan between there and alberta...customs is the hold up, no doubt. I am still holding faith however. We'll see.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I busted out my dad's archaeology collection today...hundreds of points, arrowheads, scrapers and knives that we as a family dug from the ground in west texas when I was a boy. Some amazing stuff. There were also fossils and dinosaur teeth. Notes from 67 and 69 digs. Then the stereo played this Steve Earle song "Johnny come lately" which in the end is about coming home from war in Viet Nam, but references a soldier in WWII that met his wife in Ingerland (a north end girl, I guess this references London, but my mom was from the north)and "brought her back home", it has always reminded me of my mom and my dad. I had to go hide out front for a minute to collect myself
because I am a big ol' sentimental puss. I miss them both so much, but it takes shit like this to bring it to the surface for an occasional showing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought Big Fish on DVD yesterday and will probably subject myself to more sentimental pussness after dinner tonight by watching it...It's a good thing I don't know where Forrest Gump is ! :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment