Sunday, May 30, 2004

...!
I never planned to have a house where strangers walked in the front door and the first thing out of their mouths was "Wow!" I expected it from people who knew what the house used to look like because it is a MAJOR tranformation, but I didn't expect it from strangers or friends who have never seen the place. The guy that delivered our stove today walked in the door and said, you guessed it, "Wow!" Then he asked who our designer was. When we told him we came up with this ourselves he said that we must have looked at a lot of other houses to come up with it. Well no, we didn't. If there's another house out there that looks like this, I'm not aware of it. We just thought about what we liked and what we wanted and changed a few things to fit in the budget. Although the budget didn't constrain us too much since the only thing I would have done differently if we had more money is the tile (I would have gone with slate on the floor and glass tile in the bathroom) and Rob probably would have gotten a more expensive stove. A frequent comment is that it looks like a nightclub and as I sit here tonight, marveling at the changes, I have to agree. It wasn't intentional, but the place definately has a club feel to it. In fact, we had named our house "Club Spit" about 10 years ago when we started throwing our monthly band jam parties and the name fits the place even better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment