Monday, May 24, 2004

ANOTHER MILESTONE OF GROWTH ( OR...QUIT BEING A PUSSY)

I spent the majority of my day on top of an 8 ft ladder muscling coduit and drilling into concrete with a hammer drill. We were putting in a trunk line that will branch of at 90 degrees into several different rooms terminating into new switch arrays.
I should reiterate here that the only thing that scares me more than climbing around on a ladder is the height of the ladder.BOXCARS!!!! I was a knee-shaking neophyte till lunch, and then suddenly I was tarzan of the ladder people.
I have conquered my fear of height! Check that, I have learned to deal with it, for today. I have searched for a support group (ladder pussies anonymous or LPA) with no luck...so I guess I have to go it on my own until other ladder pussies hear about me and join the ranks. In that regard I am alot like Bill W. only instead of being a pioneer in sobriety I am a pioneer in fearless ladder climbing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ann is in the process of trying to bring my computer back to life, with any luck I will post a cartoon later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment