Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I HAVE REALLY GOT TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE

This maintenance man came into the shop this morning. He's been in many times before and I have memorized the complex where he works because I can't understand him when he says the "Elms", or very much else he says really. But he is a very polite and nice fella, and somehow, we are always able to fumble our way through his order...peppered with him apologizing for his poor english and me countering with my spanish is not so good either. Today I noticed something...his english was better. It wasn't so difficult deciphering what he needed. He's been working on it. I should work on his language too, just to keep it fair.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you cut open as many boxes as I do in a day, you need a state of the art box cutter. I have found it! Husky tools has a folding, lock blade razor knife that absolutely rocks, not to mention looking like a weapon from T-3 or something. For some reason, knives and box cutters are status symbols where I work. Everyone has a bad ass knife, but for now I am the shizznet of cutting blades. I don't have a favorite sharpener though...a real man sharpens his own knives Mr. Priess. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am concerned about how this (lets all laugh together) "administration" is falling all over itself condemning the "torture" of those Iraqi POW's. Are we really comparing the frathouse pranks of a handful of assholes to what our enemies have done to us and others (Jews...duh!) over the course of the wars we've been involved in?
The hazing at UT frats (and I dare to say sororities) is worse than anything I've read about regarding this latest media driven moment.
The real atrocities are apparently occurring in Afghanistan. Remember that war? Yep, it's still going on. And we apparently killed around 3000 taliban by A:Leaving them in sealed containers for a week plus in the heat of Afghani skies or B: a head shot to the ones that managed to survive A. And then we treated them top a mass grave. I understand there is a documentary of this "nazi style killing" available on the web. You can download it at www.bartcop.com. It's 55 megs BTW.
That asshole Bush (the killingest gubner texas ever had) can condemn the foolishness in Iraq as "abhorrent" (I'm surprised he got this word out of his mouth without requiring CPR) but says nothing about this activity in Afghanistan amazes me.
I'm reminded of a segment of that awesome web cartoon "get your war on" that goes like this:
WOMAN: "Knock-knock"!
MAN: "Who's there"?
WOMAN: "Afghanistan"!
MAN: "WHO"???
We should all be ashamed of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment