Saturday, May 15, 2004

IT'S SUMMERTIME AND THE ANOLES ARE BREEDING

6 or 7 years ago we had this tank with anoles in it that Kyle and I caught on our various adventures on the green belt. Anoles, commonly (and erroneously) called chameleons are these really cool green lizards common to the south.
Like chameleons they can change hues,beyond that the comparison ends.
Anyway, after a season or two,I released them into our backyard, and they stayed. And propagated.
So sitting out here on the deck I watch numbers of males running down the fenceline and across branches, pushing out their dewlaps in a display of bright red, hoping to win the favor of the females. It's a sight to see, and I'm pleased to know that they were once "mine" and liked the real estate enough to stick around.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few words about this Nick Berg thing... They cut off his head. THEY.CUT.OFF.HIS.HEAD. Not in that one fell swoop sort of way, more like they hacked it off. And they videotaped it, and made it available to the public to view. This is not human. I don't care how many iraqis we sodomized. This is so very uncool. My heart goes out to his family. I can't imagine what they are going through.
That Al quiada fuckstick that did it needs to die a horrible unspeakable death... I'm available. Call me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I turned over my shirts today, all nice and folded and packed into a plastic bag. The one with the dog shit on it is halfway down the pile.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been learning new things this week...Growth, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment