Monday, May 10, 2004

NEW ROUTINES

Or, more to the point, no routine to speak of. When you (You, in this case being me) work somewhere for a long time,you are assimilated into the ebb and flow of the workplace.Now that I'm mostly over the shock and anger of what went down last thursday, having dulled it with drink and loud angry music, I can think about that routine in a like/dislike sort of mode.
First up... Likes:
Greeting my coworkers as they came in the shop,visiting a bit on the events of the previous night, whether it was the latest episode of the sopranos or killing a chicken with a blow gun dart coated with the poison from a dart frog (really...it happened).
Helping the customers figure out what they needed, in person, and on the phone.When I first started doing the job, I was a bit stiff with this aspect, but over time I like to think I garnered the trust and loyalty of more than a few of our customers.
Working with our distributors.
Tracking down parts for the techs.
And...and... well, that's it really. Kind of a short list, innit?
On to the dislikes :
The caste system there.
The murderous commute.
Rich assholes who believed that their pool/spa was the beginning and end of the universe as we know it and why can't we come today?This frequently occurred on a thursday afternoon with a party pending on a friday or saturday.
Never knowing how the owner was gonna be on any given day.Happy and pleasant?Angry looking and brooding?Up your ass about every little thing? Micro managing everything and everyone to the point of chaos, storming around like Elmer Fudd on a mission to kill the wabbit.Making promises(usually about money)that,after awhile, went in one ear and out the other, because in my case, he never followed through once.Or the continual "do as say-not as I do" standards.
I think I've just described an abusive relationship... meh, enough.
I learned again how NOT to treat people.
And with that,it's time to let it go and move on.
Have a groovy monday...I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment