Friday, May 07, 2004

I BOUGHT A LUCKY FROG

One of those asian frog statues that has a coin in it's mouth...for luck, for us to prosper. Monday morning I will go to the courthouse and file a DBA (doing business as) and register as a business. I don't know why I've never thought of this before. Oh yeah, I remember why...I was working at a locally owned company where I thought I would be until it was pasture time. Hines Pool and Spa takes the adage "keep austin weird" to a whole new level. Enough about that.
Some details from yesterday... When I got home, I put my bag of goodies from the cell phone store on the table... I had to get a new phone because the one I had was a "company phone" and I had to surrender it, along with my keys as I made my exit. Anyway...I turn to the right and there I am, looking at my guns. I looked at them for a long time and had some really ugly thoughts. Then, I loaded up a shitload of magazines, packed my guns and ammo and went to.............the gun range.
I dropped at least 140 rounds on the 100 meter range, my groupings were so tight I brought the targets home to show Ann.
Sweet release my friends....SWEET.
When I got home I commenced to drinking beers... lot's of them. Since we have our deck back, Ann and I sat outside and talked about my good fortune to be free of the yoke that was Hines Pool and Spa. We listened to music and the dogs cruised out on the deck with us...we love our dogs and they so love us.
There was Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath, Cracker, Buzzcocks, Rage....it was fun. It was the Fuck Emos that drew our neighbor to the fenceline to admonish me to turn it down. This is a 20-something woman who looks like when she farts only dogs can hear it. I turned it down right away and was very apologetic while the Fuck Emos sang "80 sailors went out to sea, 40 couples came back" in the background. This was coming from a small boombox. Is she in for a surprise when the wolves unleash on the deck later on this summer.
Tomorrow, I am meeting the GM at Maudies to get some items I left behind at Hines Pool and Spa and have a RNS or 2. Or 6. I have known this guy for 11 years, he is my friend, I am convinced that he knew what was up at Hines Pool and Spa. He's the reason I ended up there in the first place (another story for another time).
I imagine he was told by Andy to keep mum...he said he "had no idea until wed. night when Andy called me and told me". Why didn't he call me? I would have called him.
He should have called me, I would have never ratted him out, but had he called I would of had time to prepare my rebuttal instead of my "what the fuck" improv I had to resort to. (it was adequate but not eloquent, and it should of been).
So the question is...should I let him slide or go with my gut and end a decade plus long friendship?
I am so on the fence about this one.
And the Fuck Emos sing "I had my hair spiked up really high-they say my haircut is a thing of the past-they say my erections never last.Cause I'm too punk-too punk too fuck". The GM turned me on to the Fuck Emos...what to do?
I guess I'll wing it...after all - I got my lucky frog, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment