Thursday, January 03, 2008

THIS JUST IN

Check out this link:

50 most loathsome 2007


And,in the "it had to happen" or "we worked ourselves out of a job" or "fucking contractors" departments...we were told today that we have run out of work at the tower of evil and that tomorrow our foreman would pick the few that would remain and the remainder would be given the choice to sit at home and wait for a new job to kick off,or be laid off and go to the hall and sign the books.The construction end of this job has fallen behind and while there's still plenty of shit for us to do,we can't do it until they do what they need to do.It's a frustrating reality of the construction trades.If I could invent a multi trade metronome,I would be the richest man on the planet-But,back to the books and the hall...
There's a lot of work going on in Austin right now,so,you would get picked up quickly.But with another contractor.And I'm quite happy with the company I've been working for since this whole electrician thing took off.In fact,I'm fortunate to have been able to work for one electrical contractor for this long.I like the people I work for.So I'm not keen on the idea of going to work for someone else.
If I am not one of the ones who gets to stay (cross your fingers for me!),I will sit at home until they call me back to work.There's a big project coming up soon,and while it will be tight,I'd rather do that than move on,or in the parlance (sort of) "drag up".
Plus, there's my vacation fund money to tide us over if need be.Not exactly what I wanted to spend it on,but you do what you gotta.
Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment