Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I CANNOT BE SHAMED (IN THIS MANNER)

I went to the doctor this afternoon after work and after signing in, an annoyingly perky little chick in scrubs whips out my billing information and informs me I have an $80.00 balance,which is odd because the last three visits there the billing gnome told me there was no co-pay and they billed my insurance directly-thank you,have a nice day.I was asked to pay.Not an unreasonable request.What I object to is this request was done at check in,in front of other patients in the waiting room.I had to explain to the girl in scrubs that due to recent financial strains I could not pay until Friday,in front of other patients,in the fucking waiting room.
I don't have a problem owning up to being dog ass broke,but can we please do it in private?My billing status is no one else's business.It was more than a little embarrassing.It angered me in fact,in a what the fuck??? sort of way.Since I value my relationship with my doc,I repressed the urge to make a scene and twist off on these idiots calling bullshit on them (p l c i s was soon joined by someone I assume was in the billing department,a slacker type dude with a soul patch,who assured me:"that's cool man,even I have a balance").Hey,you know what?fuck you.
Punk.Anyway....
My doctor declined to see me today,I understand that,he provides a valuable service and should get paid.He did however,through his assistant/nurse provide me with dietary information and some samples of a med that I tried to fill on Friday that because of my shitty insurance (deductible!new year!Ka-ching!) costs me over $100.00!Did I mention we are currently dog ass broke?
While he declined to give me his time,he still gave me his care by extension.And I appreciate that.He's been my doc for a long time,this is an example of why.

No comments:

Post a Comment