Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A surreal week
I think I may actually have less than a foot in the land of the living so far this week. Between the allergy symptoms and the medication taken to treat the symptoms, life has seemed more like a bizarre dream than the reality I'm used to experiencing. I've gone to work and done my work stuff. But, I've not done my work stuff very well and the weird part is that I haven't been too concerned about that. I'm sure some of the dream like quality is from the unusually large amount of time I've spent sleeping, but the waking moments have been pretty odd too and filled with flashbacks to certain times in my past. The weirdest one was yesterday when I got in the car to go to the corner store for a few things. As I got in the car, I was already experiencing that flashback sensation. And then when I started the car, the radio came on at the exact start of the Foghat song "Slow Ride" which happened to be from the same time period the flashback was referencing... well, I guess that doesn't sound so weird on paper, but it seemed strange at the time. I can't remember a time before when I was sick and had so many memories come sneaking up on me, but I also haven't been this sick from allergies in a really long time...probably over twenty years.. maybe in the past I didn't have quite so many memories out there that could come sneaking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment