Monday, January 28, 2008

MAN,WHAT A DAY,AND IT'S NOT EVEN HALF OVER

I get up this morning feeling like shit.Fever,congestion,sneezing-the works.But i tried to soldier on and went into work anyway.I felt like shit but I was looking good in my new overalls.It's like Fernando Lamas used to say "it's better to look good than to feel good,and you look mahvalous".
Yeah,well,that works good in theory.
I made it to break time,and then I bailed,and that's when my day truly tanked.I walked (up hill in the drizzle)to the parking garage.Rode the elevator up to the 11th floor (which is where we lowlife construction workers have to park now).I noticed my reserve light was on but I figured I could make it a mile to the nearest gas station.I was wrong.
I ran out of gas at 2nd and congress,barely making it to the curb which was a no parking zone.
I figured I'd call one of my work buddy's on my cell.Only one problem with that plan,my cell was not in my snappy new overalls...it was on the charger in the kitchen.Dammit!
I scoped out a pay phone by Tesoro's trading company and decided I would call Ann,since I didn't know any buddies phone number.God damn cell phone speed dial-at the house,in the kitchen,mocking me.Did you know a local call costs 50 cents now?I had 50 cents,so it was all good-but highway fucking robbery,the last time I used a pay phone it was 10 fucking cents.
The pay phone was broken...it would'nt have mattered anyway,because Ann's cell was (as usual) dead.
So I struck out (up hill and in the drizzle)searching for another pay phone.Apparently,that pay phone is the only one in a 7 block radius,the reason I know this is because I walked 7 blocks,yes,uphill and in the fucking drizzle,all the way back to the tower.And to make matters worse,my zippo was dry,so I couldn't even labor my lungs more by smoking a cig while walking up hill...did I mention drizzle?
I stopped at the Littlefield market and bought a crack lighter so I could smoke (that'll show me).
So,my buddy chuck drives me to the gas station where I buy a gas can *and 2 gallons of gas.

*This makes #5 in a series.I'm thinking E-Bay.
OK...so I lied,it's only 4,but I swear there were 5...that's the new leaky shit one in the middle
We get back to the rodeo,and it is still there...emergency flashers calling out to anyone who would care "I'm out of gas because my reserve light is a lying bastard".
My new gas can sucks...It leaked like a motherfucker,covering my hands and the rear quarter panel with stinky stinky gas.The spout attachment fell into the can half way through the process.
Insert more drizzle.
At least I didn't get towed,so it wasn't a total wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment