Saturday, January 05, 2008

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION UPDATE

Tomorrow at 2pm,we are gathering at Club Spit East* to lay down the primary tracks of the EP.I already have two songs worked out and two in the semi-worked out stage.I have invited my dear friend and guitarist in our first band together (way back in the 80's) to join us because his finger picking is so unusual and innovative and the fact that acoustic collaborations we did in The Left For Dead days seemed to work well...of course,that's based on a memory from 1986.
LT went by CSE* today and set things up and did a sound check with the condenser microphones and called to give me a thumbs up on the sound.We are recording "in the round"so to speak...two channels through two condenser, or omni directional mics that can pick up a fly farting at 30 feet.
We will be recording to analog cassette and VHS.Which means we will have a video record as well.
I didn't ask him to do this he just did it on his own,and that's really cool.He kept referring to what i would want to do,being that it was initially presented as a "solo" project.But whatever we end up with will be a Wolves@th'Door EP...not a Wolf@th'Door or a Rob Clattenburg recording.
I've been playing with these folks for years,and we are what we are,despite the subject matter.
I don't know what the rest of us are bringing to eat,but I made a giant pot of carne guisada.
I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment