Thursday, January 24, 2008

A NEW DESKSCAPE...A NEW BEGINNING?


Not.Clutter is an amazing thing,I couldn't wait and cleaned the rest of my desk last night (god damned full moon fever craziness)and I must admit,it looks good,real good.I just hope I can prevent the onslaught of clutter.That thing that takes over every aspect of my life except work.
My tool bag is well organised,my cart is well organised .
Already,in less than 24 hours,I have random shit taking up space on my desk...two flashlights,an extra jeebus bobble head,the box set of band of brothers that belongs to my father in law.And,in the process of cleaning the desk I found two joints that had been buried under piles of shit for months.I know it's been months because I haven't smoked any weed in months and the last time I bought weed was almost two years ago.Fucking clutter could get me busted.
And then there's another kind of clutter.The clutter that happens in your brain.This morning as I was rushing around trying hard not to be late for work,I had "One armed scissor" by At the drive-in rolling on loop in my head...Why?Frequently I have bugs bunny singing "la-lala-la -la-la-what's a matta for you"?from the cartoon version of the barber of seville...that I watched when I was a child.Why?Ex girlfriends and wives (2) pop into my head at odd times and wonder how they are and remember mostly the sex-good and bad,and the defining moments of those failed relationships...why?I don't ruminate on any of this stuff (except the bugs bunny cartoon) it's just clutter that flies around in my head.
Maybe I need to defrag my hard drive...

No comments:

Post a Comment