Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I GOT SOME THINGS TO BITCH ABOUT. PART ONE

Age is at the top of my list,there's this dude at work who is 10 years older than me,and,yes,he is still a "dude" as I am still a "dude",even at 48,because of where we've been and where we came from (class wise) we will always be "dudes".
Anyway,we we're having a chat about Ann's back issues that evolved into a chat about how many medications we have to take everyday.He's up to 10,after telling his doctor he needed to cut back on his med consumption.I didn't ask how many he'd been on before this discussion with his doc,but it was more than 10.Up until late in 2007, I was on 5,all geared at controlling my hypertension,which curiously,was very resistant to this chemical assault,it would bring it into the park,but we were never unconcerned.
Turns out,my pre-diabetes is the culprit.So,have I been taking poison needlessly because of my doctors inability to diagnose me properly?Or was it me and my wanton ways that masked the true cause?Should I have just carried on blindly only to pop off at 50,or 60?Or god forbid,70 or 80?I pity the person that has to deal with me at that age.Imagine the poo flinging baboon at the zoo-that's me at 80.
Let me say up front,that while I was a wild and crazy guy in my youth as far as drugs were concerned,I was never a big fan of pills-ever.
I preferred to smoke it,snort it and drink it...mescaline notwithstanding.:)
But now,as we get older,things start to fall apart,and there seems to be a pill to delay that falling apart regardless of the cause.
Nobody wants to die prematurely,I for one do not,There are still many things I want to see and do.And I want my friend to be around for a long while as well.
But at what cost?
Surely all these chemical "solutions" are altering the evolutionary plane.
And yes, I believe in evolution.Not a big surprise,I'm sure.
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment