Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Brrr...
It got rather chilly last night (low 20's) and didn't warm up much today. Now I know that 20's isn't that cold to many, but just a day or two ago it was in the 70's here so as usual, the quick switch makes it feel even colder. Even Rob, Mr. I Love The Cold, felt chilly at work today and has already retreated to the bedroom and crawled under the covers. And I didn't get fired, but maybe it was because it was so cold in the office that no one bothered to look up from being huddled in their jackets to notice I was still there. Turns out the heater is broken at work... again. Theo's old bones were as stiff as mine when I got home because our house stayed chilly and the temps are dropping even more as I type. I just finished a bowl of soup and a cup of hot tea to warm up before I make a quick store run. Although it will be painful to venture out, the heater's on in the bedroom, the dogs are warming up my spot on the bed and Rob's already under the covers ready to cuddle so I've got plenty of warmth look forward to when I get back home. Well, time to take the plunge - it ain't getting any warmer out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment