Monday, June 30, 2008

WHAT IS PATRIOTISM?

I saw this byline at CNN.com underneath a feature article about Obama defending his own version of patriotism.And it got me to thinking,am I a patriot?If you go with the GOP definition,no.To them I am a twinkle toed communist faggot to quote Full metal jacket.To them I am a threat-nay-a terrorist in waiting because of my views,or more to the point, my view of this countries government.
Let me make it plain,I love my country.From the genocide of the native americans (pox infected blankets anyone?)to the nightmare that is 21st century america and all the horrors in between no body of government has fucked things up so consistently as our political system.I love my country-hate my government.It sucks ass in the worst way possible,for generations.I've lived it.I'm living it now.
We have a warmongering cretin in the white house,beholden to cronies and controlled by sociopaths who shits on the constitution daily and rubs it in our faces.War is the new black to them...did you see the news about our activities in Iran over the last couple of days?Here's the rationale being touted...monkeyboy will most certainly attack Iran before his term is out if Obama wins,but he won't if (god forbid)McCain wins because...McCain will do it anyway.
What kind of logic is that???
Love your country-hate your government.
There was a time when true patriots fought oppression,fought for freedom and prevailed.Not so some other more toxic body of government could come to power 100's of years later...but look around my friends (snark) look at what we've become.
It makes me sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment