Friday, June 13, 2008

Hot Hot Hot
I sat down planning to do a post on how hot it's been and that was the title that popped into my head. But the title reminded me of the song by The Cure that our friend JJ's old band, The Timebombs, used to cover. And that reminded me of my favorite cover song done by The Timebombs which was New Orleans is Sinking. Oh, how I loved that song, it made always me smile and want to dance. I didn't even know who did it originally but a quick search on the internet revealed it was The Tragically Hip. And I thought, I'd buy that song... for 99 cents, I'd definitely buy that song and off I went to Amazon.com. Alas, only the live version was available. Now I could buy it at ITunes, but I'd have to create an account, use the ITunes program to purchase it and I knew there were some restrictions like you can only burn it to a playlist so many times and yada, yada. That was too much hassle so I settled for listening to the video on You Tube. I still prefer the Timebomb's version, but this one also put a smile on my face and had me dancing around in the living room while thinking of all the good times we had back when we used to go see the Timebombs play. And that was something I sorely needed after the shitty day I had at work. I don't know if it will have the same effect on anyone else, but just in case, here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment