Saturday, June 21, 2008

02:59:33...

So here's the short version...my other baby is coming to town in July.She calls me Uncle Rob,I refer to her as my niece.She is an artist now,here's a link:http://www.flickr.com/photos/xoxowcw/
Go check it out,you'll be amazed.I can't say I planted the seed,but I germinated it when she was a very young girl by teaching her to draw cartoons-she still has the templates I made for her 20 some odd years ago.I did the same thing with my son,who,by the way,she baby sat.And he is an artist as well.Not a bad influence after all-eh?
But enough tooting of my own horn.The band is throwing her a BBQ/barn dance,and my mission is to get as many people from her life together in one place for one night of celebration and music.That includes people from my life at the time she was coming up.
And one of those people I finally tracked down last night.I haven't seen or spoken to him in over four years,and before that I only saw him once a year when he would return to Austin from overseas for our annual reunion from a time that we were all together almost all the time.
We had our kids together,we had our heartbreaks together,we self destructed together.
I spent almost 3 hours on the phone with him last night,and we both ended up wondering-where does the time go?Too much water under the bridge for both of us to ever describe with any kind of real notion what those years have been like,but it appears we were riding the same path of waves,we just couldn't see each other because of the whitecaps.
The water is calmer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment