Wednesday, June 04, 2008

MY SISTER CALLED ME TODAY

I haven't talked to her in a while,and for you few readers that have been with us from the beginning (we missed our 5 year blog-birthday by almost 2 months) my sister and I were estranged off and on for a variety of reasons since she was 16.We are close now,but circumstances have made it difficult to maintain regular contact.Anyhow,I get this frantic message about her birth certificate not being acceptable enough to get her a passport.(She is going on a much needed vacation which involves day trips into Canada,and you need the passport to go there now).She needed her adoption papers which I had to clarify some glitch.(Side note-my sister is adopted and she adopted her son,how fucking cool is that?).
I had to find them,and with Ann's help,find them I did.When we did our remodel,we moved almost everything to the back of the house and they were buried in a box that was buried under a shit load of other boxes.
I found some other stuff too.I found the original birth announcement for her from the local (Long Island) newspaper,and I rediscovered some old pictures.I gave her this one because It just said Celia all over it.She was and will always be daddy's girl,in my mind it belonged with her.I took a digital of it,but the original belongs in a frame somewhere in her home.



In spite of a less than linear passing of time,filled with conflict and confusion,I would do anything for my sister any time,any where.I think she knows that,I hope she does.
And is our Dad cool or what?Look at that dog,shit...look at that car.

No comments:

Post a Comment