Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Not a good Samaritan this time
I was about to step in the shower this morning when someone started beating on my front door. They were very insistent so I got back dressed and went to see what was up. Some lady had run out of gas and wanted a ride to the store. I told her no, I couldn't do that since I had to get ready for work and would be late (true), but the real reason was the hair on the back of my neck and arms stood up while I was talking to her. Even though she was dressed nicely and had a fancy new SUV, I got the immediate creeps talking to her. I told her there was a store right down the way (less than a mile) that she could walk to and she was welcome to use one of our gas cans. She didn't like that answer, but oh well. No way I was gonna take her down to the corner store. I went back inside and got ready for work and I could hear her yelling outside (at other people, I assume, but I suppose she could have been yelling at me.) I've got three neighbors that don't have to be at work this morning, why didn't she bang on their doors? If there was a lesson here, I'm not sure what it was, but I suspect it has to do with saying "NO" and feeling comfortable with that decision. Something I could certainly learn to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment