Friday, June 27, 2008

WELL,IT'S BACK AT WORK...

I've spent the last three days working with a journeyman I'd worked with recently.Small one or two day jobs at best,the one we started today may last a week or maybe two.It's hard to tell.But I enjoy working with him and we get along well.I really wish I could be less generic about work stuff,but one has to cover one's ass when it comes to writing about work.
While it's good to be back working,I still lost a weeks pay,and next weeks check will be short.So it'll be three weeks before I get a full check...and bills are due now,not in three weeks.
I thought I had sold one of my rifles,but the guy backed out at the last minute.That would have made the difference.But I put it out there with several friends that a hella deal was available on a Norinco SKS assault rifle,with 5 30 round magazines,a soft case and almost 1900 rounds of ammunition,for the one time price of $500.00.
I hate to part with any of my guns,but this one has been idle for over a year,the guys I used to shoot it with I don't hang with any more-I've still got my mosberg and my 9,so what the fuck?Let it go.It's not a home protection weapon,it's a weapon you could hunt with,but mostly it's made for war,or to be blunt,killing people.
Tomorrow the Wolves are getting together to try new material and work on the recent stuff in preparation for the BBQ/Barn dance for Wendy in July.
In spite of all the bullshit,we still have something to look forward to.And come hell or high water,we will pull this thing off.
Seriously...1900 rounds of ammunition.I started out with 3600 rounds 6 years ago.
It's good to be back at work,more about that later.
Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment