Monday, June 02, 2008

NEW AND IMPROVED AND HALF THE WEIGHT

My tool bag was weighing me down,while it has a shoulder strap it still weighed 46 pounds.I was Johnny on the spot,I had it all,but I was slowly being transformed into Quasimodo the electrician.

(old new bag,half full)
So I busted out my old Klein bag and broke it down to the essential tools needed to get the job done.

(New old bag,completely full)

And,as fate would have it,today we found ourselves in need of items that were no longer present in my old new lighter bag.I also learned how much the other guys on the crew rely on me to have the stuff...several times today I was approached with "Hey Rob,do you have your" questions.And each and every time except for a request for my meter was met with-"it's in the truck in my other bag".
If I could bring myself to leave my tools on the job site,this wouldn't be a problem.But I have seen tool theft too many times-even from locked gang boxes to risk it.I can't afford to replace them,so I pack them back and forth daily.Truth be told these are mostly items the contractor should provide,but that's another issue entirely.
Hey!Wake up!I'm done....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment