Monday, June 16, 2008

So goes the neighborhood
The neighborhood association for this area has a mailing list that I joined many years back when I was considering paying the dues and going to the meetings. The group has changed over the years, much like the neighborhood. I've never joined the association or gone to the meetings because these people are just too weird for me. And by weird, I mean they are your typical upper-middle income folks that probably came from California. They call 911 if someone walking by so much as looks at their house and god forbid that anyone should ever knock on their door. They are the ones that are responsible for the city telling me I had to get rid of my old Chevelle that was parked in my carport under a car cover (code requires that non-operable vehicles be kept in a garage, never mind that zoning restrictions prohibit me from enclosing the carport. ) They are the ones that give us dirty looks when they walk by and see us sitting on our front porch cooking out and drinking beer. They are the ones that moved in and put an end to the Club Spit jams. I'm sure if they had their way, this would be a gated community and folks like us wouldn't be allowed to live here. And the paranoia on the mailing list about 'others' reached new heights this morning when someone whose backyard backs up to the park posted that some kids came "suspiciously close" to her back fence. Jeezuschrist, IT'S A PARK! There are supposed to be kids in the park; what the fuck is wrong with you people? It reminds me of this song (the words, not the video):

No comments:

Post a Comment