Thursday, July 26, 2007

TOWER OF EVIL

I woke up this morning and sat on the edge of the bed rubbing my temples and wondering what today would bring.
Would it be another punch list day of me and my journeyman going from floor to floor correcting other electricians mistakes?Would we begin roughing in the D units with blueprints that are wrong,only to create another punch list to be dealt with later on down the line?
10 electricians will approach the same job in ten different ways,all of them will work,but not all of us know the ten different ways,so something can look like a fuck ball operation but when you undo it,you realize the genius in what they did and have to put it back the way it was.
I was staring at a panel today and the strapping looked like a fucking monkey did it.One of the pipe fitters was next to me and saw the expression on my face...he commented:"Just stop looking at it man,you're just gonna get more pissed off".
I disassembled this atrocity and made it right.
On a brighter note,we are running feeder pipe now,which requires more critical thinking and is much more rewarding in terms of craft.
I'm looking forward to work tomorrow for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment