Tuesday, July 17, 2007

JUST LIKE A YO-YO

Elevator hell...left elevator in the north tower takes you directly to the penthouse floor (where we aren't doing any work),the doors open and close a few times and you are returned to floor 2 or 3,depending on who called it back.It makes creaky noises...14 floors is a long way to fall I keep thinking.
It took 25 minutes to get to the 9th floor.
The temporary power kept getting overloaded with power tools,that,in conjunction with the incredible heat,kept causing breakers to trip,which led to my first meaningful chats with my wetback brethren...
W.B:"No...Power..."(pulls trigger on drill to illustrate)..."You...Turn...Power...On"?"You...Feex"???
Me:"The breakers are overloaded because of all the tools and the heat".(Making meaningless gestures with hands to illustrate tripping breakers)."Somebody has to reset them".
W.B:Blank stare.
It was awesome!I felt like I was in the sequel to "Quest for fire".
I'm for sure gonna bring up BW's excellent comment about lost time/production regarding the elevators.
Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment