Tuesday, July 03, 2007

THIS IS...

Insane.I remember the comedian Richard Lewis,many years ago describing his families vacations.Basically,the family would look down at the floor,and conga line style walk around the dining room table endlessly.Going nowhere and doing nothing.
This is Washington in a nutshell as far as I'm concerned.I watched Tony Snow's press briefing over at Crook's and Liar's about the Libby commutation today,and I was amazed that one of those reporters didn't say,in disgust:"You are so completely full of SHIT"!Then throw down their pad and pencil and walk out muttering profanities.
I am appalled(but not surprised)that there has been virtually no main stream coverage of the democratic response to this slap in the face to us as citizens and to the rule of law.Believe me,I looked for it.And I found it at "fringe" blogs like C&L.
John Roberts over at CNN interviewed Joe Wilson about it,and while Wilson was his usual straight shooting self calling a spade a spade,Robert's was pussy footing around with the talking points.There is nothing at the CNN site in the headlines about it beyond the usual pandering to Bushco.
And the opposition is basically doing the same thing...going in circles as paper tigers,all talk and no walk.
They cancel each other out and nothing happens of import.
I'm reminded of the story "Little Black Sambo"...where Sambo is menaced by a group of tigers.He walks around in a circle,with the tigers following behind,over and over again until the tigers are reduced to butter and then Sambo and his family have a nice breakfast of pancakes with tiger butter.
It's a nice thought,but it will never happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment