Monday, July 16, 2007

HEAT RISES

7th floor...warm,8th...braise...9th...bake...10th on up...broil,a bit closer to the flame with each higher floor.
There are at least a hundred people working on this project from all trades.Last friday we were informed that starting today we could no longer use the south elevators because,there are people already buying and moving into the condos.Who in their right mind would move into a building that's still under construction and will be until next summer (if they're lucky)?Probably the same people who would pay 200K plus to step out on the balcony and breath in deep the smell of frat boy/homeless urine wafting up from the downtown alleys below.(You know,the "entertainment" district).
So 100 construction workers are sharing 2 elevators spanning 13 floors,does this impact productivity?You bet.Does it make for a miserable day?Ab-so-fucking-lutely.
I'm glad to have a job,and I'm learning new things there,but damn it,the heat is killing us.I thought I was gonna throw up a couple of times today.
On a lighter note,my 30th high school reunion is this Friday...97 confirmed attendees.
I am torn as to what to wear...on one hand,I'm inclined to wear black slacks,a bowling shirt adorned with flames/dice and my flame wingtip shoes.On the other,I inclined to wear jeans,a local 520 union T shirt and my work boots...and my white trash belt (ha!)You have to know about my high school to understand the irony in that belt.
It will be an interesting evening considering I haven't seen 94 of the 97 attendees in 30 years.
Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment