Thursday, July 19, 2007

IT'S ALMOST TELLIN' TIME

24 hours from now I will be in the company of people I knew a very long time ago.Not counting the handful I have stayed in semi contact with,I am at this stage optimistically apprehensive about how it will go.
I have no concerns about my physical appearance or my station in life.
Our high school was (like most of them,I imagine) a caste system model.You had your rich kids...jocks,nerds,socialites and cheerleaders.You had your working and middle class kids,who broke down into sub castes of rednecks (see also goatropers),stoners and "those people who live in village west".
The overwhelming majority of people in attendance tomorrow fall into the former category with a smattering of the others.And it's also important to note that there was the occasional cross pollination of castes...some rich stoners etc.
All of this has me asking myself questions:

"Self,will 30 years have tempered such station game playing and we will all be adults approaching middle age on equal ground"?

"Self,are there any grudges that could possibly be held for 30 years"?

"Self,if so,will there be a fight"?

"Self,if so,and I'm involved,will I win"? (Of course I'll win...but I can't imagine anything like that actually happening)

"Self,will it be a memorable experience that I'll cherish,or an unmitigated bad trip down memory lane"?

I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment