Friday, July 27, 2007

There is no joy in Mudville
As I exited the office at the end of my shift today, tears started rolling down my face. It's not like I was sobbing and I didn't even feel particularly sad, angry or otherwise more frustrated than usual. It wasn't because it was a bad day at the office. It was just another day, not much different than any other day. I suppose there was even a bright spot to it since the new schedule was announced and it looks like I won't be working nights. So maybe it was the fact that I have to work eight days straight to get in sync with the new schedule. Or maybe it's because my workload increased and the amount of time I have to get it all done has decreased. It could be because my pay isn't going to improve any time soon. But most likely it's because there are only so many times you can watch someone slap a "new and improved" label on the same old pile of shit before the sight of it causes your eyes to bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment