Sunday, July 08, 2007

Booze and Breakfast
Today's booze and breakfast occurred at home since we couldn't be arsed to get dressed and go out. Breakfast was provided by Aunt Jemima's factory produced omelet and potato microwavable dinner. Rob stuck his omelet between a croissant with a slice of cheese and some ketchup which was a good idea - wish I had thought of that (sans ketchup). Rob had screwdrivers mixed to perfection by himself and since I wasn't driving, I had Shiner Bock beer (beer really does go with everything if you love beer the way I do.) After breakfast, Rob had a nice long nap and I did a few work related things. Which proves that Rob is smart and I am crazy. However, the buzz factor is a bit too high at this point to keep working and I just realized that is probably the best excuse I have ever found for drinking.

In other news this week...
Monday: Apparently spells were cast, prayers were prayed and good vibes were sent because the brakes on my car were healed - HEALED, I tell ya. Through no effort on my part, the awful grinding went away. Praise be to {insert your choice of deity/force}.

Tuesday: Surprise schedule swap at work - I suddenly have Wednesday off which I can spend with Rob who also has the day off (unpaid), but we have no money to do much of anything to celebrate since payday for us both is on Thursday. Not a big deal though since time together is priceless.

Wednesday: Fourth of July. Can we scrape up the cash for hotdogs, beer and vodka to celebrate? No, we can't, but wait - what's this? My paycheck was deposited early - yee-haw! We promptly buy hotdogs, beer, vodka and even some gin for the neighbor who was also broke.

Thursday: A day much like any other day. Apparently good luck runs in threes just like bad luck.

Friday: Luck has definitely gone on vacation. The workday sucked due to a sudden, temporary policy change which increased my workload by a kazillion percent.

Saturday: Rinse and repeat of Friday, but with the addition of getting soap in the eyes due to the crabbiness of employees in the workplace. I almost sent one employee home for being a jerk. If he had my been MY employee, he would have been fired on the spot, but since I didn't know him and everyone has a bad day once in a while, I decided to hold my tongue. Will the sun ever come out again? Please, no more rain.

P.S. Sunday, 9:00PM CST - more rain - ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment