Sunday, April 15, 2007

SUNDAY...SUNDAY...SUNDAY!

Todays breakfast and booze quest (tm) will bring us to Mother Egans Irish pub.Check back later for the review.
Still no phone,but I found out why...that model is on back order.Why it took 3 calls to determine this is beyond me,but my "express" delivery fee was credited and when the back order arrives they will express ship it to me for free.It's not like I don't have a phone,so it's not a big deal communication wise,just another example of spotty customer service.
The rear drivers side door of my rodeo has been acting up,the latch gets stuck in the closed position and the door will not close.I have managed to get it unjammed twice now and both times resolved to just not use that door.Yesterday I was leaving my buddy Jon's house and opened said door to put my banjo in the back seat and it jammed again.
After a Homer like DOH! we attempted to unjam it,but being in an altered state* (ahem)we were not successful so I opted to tape the door shut and go home and deal with it later.
*This is essential to banjo playing BTW.
I woke up this morning at 5:30 and after some coffee I went outside and commenced to fixing the door,it's like I woke up and knew what I needed to do.Now I just need to remember to not open that door ever again...right,like that's gonna happen.
I sampled one of my pickled eggs this morning.It's only been a week but wow.It was tasty.
I won't be continuing the diversity posts because,well,it's like holding the tar baby so to speak,or like the nigger in the wood pile.I was trying to make a point that is unmakeable...you either get it or you don't.Hypocrisy has become a national past time and it's just not worth the time to point it out.The issue of racism in this country will never be resolved because everyone is, at their core racist on some level.
It's in the ground water.

No comments:

Post a Comment