Tuesday, April 17, 2007

SAINT REV...OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

I got an email from a friend the other day whose basement bathroom light and fan quit working when they attempted to change a light bulb and could I come check it out.
Sure I will!
Since Ann is working till 10 tonight,tonight worked out for me and it worked out for my friend.
So I remove the fixture from the ceiling...no power.I check the switches...no power.I check the panel...nothing obviously tripped,but I reset some loose breakers anyway.
I walk back into the bathroom and what do I see? A GFI plug by the sink I hadn't noticed before. I push the reset button and BAM! everything comes back on.
Had I noticed the plug beforehand I could've saved 30 minutes of doodling with the light and switches.
I learned a lesson in diagnostics tonight that I really learned years ago working on cars.Start with the simple and the obvious,don't over think a problem.
And home in time for The Shield! Brilliant!

Speaking of brilliant....

No comments:

Post a Comment