Wednesday, April 11, 2007

NAPPY

...headed ho's...nigga bitches...spade...spook...bluegum...porch monkey...jig...spear chucker...3/5's of a white man...flib jibba.Did any of you go blind reading the former?
Anybody die or suffer some atrocity by reading those words?I didn't think so.
OK...I grew up in the south so I got a million of 'em.Does that make me a racist?Because I was exposed to this terminology throughout my childhood but never embraced the redneck hatred connected to it because I grew up around people of color and suffered the same derision from said rednecks because I was a hippy?
Growing up in the south was fun...let me tell you.
This Imus thing has really been bothering me.Sure,it was in poor taste,but does it really warrant firing the guy?I haven't seen the film that prompted the comment that resulted in the ensuing shit storm, but I have seen thuggish looking black women all tatted up and rough looking...Black basketball players in general look like criminals
male or female if you buy into the stereotype.Imus apparently was all in.
Having a few tats myself,I understand the art of decorating ones self...you're making a statement,setting yourself apart from the herd.And leaving yourself open to be misunderstood and the subject of commentary by people who don't understand.Imus is clearly not a racist...he's a dumbass who thought he was being funny.
The real racists here are Sharpton and his ilk and the rutgers team who saw an opportunity and seized upon it to take a public figure down.
And it worked,and they all should be ashamed of themselves.
Words...it's just words,and since when did the color of your skin dictate what words you can or cannot say?
Everybody needs to lighten the fuck up,that's all I'm sayin'.
Nigga...

No comments:

Post a Comment