Thursday, April 05, 2007

48% OF AMERICANS BUY INTO THIS SHIT

I saw an article the other day that said 48% of americans accept creation theory over evolution theory.Wow...I was stunned, but only for a minute.Then I realized what I was dealing with in regard to this 48%...a bunch of backward thinking idiots who probably slept through biology 101 in high school and think the fossil record is a collection of 60's one hit wonders out out by K-Tel.
So...lets set the table,48% of us believe that this dude named god not only created the universe,but humans and everything else in SIX days 10,000 years ago.(fossil record).They also believe science is so much mumbo jumbo designed to lead them off the path of god.
When I was very young I got a toy for christmas called creepy crawlers which was basically a heated mold injection thing with some molds and a heating unit and some tubes of multi colored plastic shit and with it I could create creatures of any color I wanted.It was very cool(the following christmas I got the version that allowed you to make race car bodies in a similar fashion...it was cool too).
I've gone round and round with this debate almost all my life,my father was a wanna be paleontologist/archeologist who studied the origins of man and culture. I was in the field at 7 or 8 and have seen and held the fossil recordin my very own hands as proof that nobody sitting up on a cloud had anything to do with where we are now.With the possible exception of putting it all in motion,but that's a concession and horns of a dilemma I'll ride some other time.
Lets take a look at religion first.
Nobody can agree on exactly what constitutes the baseline for creation and religiosity...there are many faiths and they all contradict each other on the finer points of what (if anything ) actually happened.
Or even better yet,let's examine the current administration led by a "born again" buffoon who says Jesus is his hero.His party plays along in lockstep. They lie,they cheat,they hurt people...in the name of god.
I don't want anything to do with that kind of god.
Faith is abstract...it's what you believe.And being abstract it's open to distortion,and it has been distorted over and over again by catholics,by Lutherans,by mormons,by jews,by islam...the list goes on,but it remains clear that creation is a fluid doctrine that attempts to explain (frequently in a malevolent manner)how we got here.
I'm for the fossil record.
"Your religion is nothing to be proud of" (Nailbomb)

No comments:

Post a Comment