Monday, April 23, 2007

MANIACAL MUDBUG MECHANIZATIONS

I left the house at a quarter to one and got gas and smokes and reset the odometer to zero.I hit the liquor store and got a fifth of the trusty monopalowa and a quart of OJ and headed to the crawfish boil in my beloved ripped up camo shorts and sleeveless t shirt with banjo and guitar in tow.
I arrived at my contractors home promptly at 1:45 and after a short visit with the boss/host,settled in back by the smokers that were smoking 21 briskets.In between me and my truck were several giant stainless steel pots vigorously boiling the shit out of 1000's of crawfish,corn and quartered potatoes.It was a constant hissing.
There were several trashcans with donut tabletops set up in the yard covered in plastic so you could eat your mudbugs and just push the carcasses into the hole in the middle...no fuss no muss.
I played my guitar for the smokers and people getting brisket to their enjoyment and,by the way, a guitar is better than a puppy in regards to generating conversation, especially when you are the only guest out of 100-150 who looks like a Texas version of Ozzy (complete with round rose colored shades).Other than my boss/host, I was also the only employee there.The brisket was the best I'd ever had.
No mudbugs though...too much brisket.
I hung out until 3:45 or so and then headed to my buddy's house far away and to the east. I missed seeing my foreman and his family,as they were running late.
I got out to Manor without incident.I should say that my inspection is expired and i learned that my left rear lights were out and I had been drinking,and I had an open container in the car...proof positive of my consumption.
I had a very good time at my buddy's,got to hang out with some other electrician/musician friends,got to see his dad and meet his mom and by the time I left,probably shouldn't have been driving,being that the truck is sporting an expired inspection and a gimp tail light.Had I been pulled over for either infraction I would have surely been busted.One of my friends followed me closely on the way back to town to obscure my deflicted tail light (thanks Wolfie).
I made it home unscathed by the road or the law having travelled 75 miles,and Annabelle and I went to Hills Cafe to eat dinner. She drove.While there I had 2 mexican martinis,harassed the folk/country guys playing,when they asked for requests I hollered "Black FLAG"!!!And cackled like a mad man.They were very good though and I bought their CD and one of them came to our table and shot the breeze during a break.I went to the bathroom at one point and there is a sign between them that says "Hippies use side entrance" I swear,a lay over from the days of rednecks and sheep shears.So I went to the hostess and demanded to see the manager,he approached me all concerned and asked if there was a problem,I said there "most definitely is,come with me I'll show you".I marched his nervous looking 20 something ass over to the hippy sign and asked in my most full of vodka and tequila incredulous voice while wagging a finger at said sign "what the fuck is up with THIS SIGN"?He was speechless.I let it simmer for a few seconds and then started laughing and patting him on the back told him I was just fucking with him. He saw the humor and laughed with me.It was a proud moment for me.
I feel asleep in Annabelles car in the driveway listening to a tape of our band from 1994 and somehow managed to find my way to bed.
Then it was SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!
I really got to start acting my age...and soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment