Saturday, April 21, 2007

MUDBUGS!HORNS OF A DILEMMA.

Tomorrow is the annual crawfish boil for the contractor I work for and I have been invited. Me and my journeyman have been talking about it all week and he is going and is looking forward to socializing with me and others. This guy grew up in a small town surrounded by church and family and I am 15 or so years his senior and from a different world but we have formed a friendship and a mutual respect for each other since we have been working together. He is a genuinely nice guy,who has his focus dead square on his family and I have the utmost respect for him for that and share a lot of his values.
Hence our friendship,and the chance to hang out with him and meet his family is important to me.
On the other hand, another close friend has learned that he has to go to rehab,away from his family and friends for five months,allowed only to go to work and the rest of the time will be behind the bars he spent several months behind a while back is having a "going away" BBQ.
Tomorrow.
So I will be a travellin' fool tomorrow. The crawfish boil is 45 minutes to my west and the goin' to lock up rehab is 30 minutes to my east.Which means they are an hour and 15 minutes apart,easy.
So I will go to the mudbug fest at 1:30 and hang out till 5 or so and then drive to the BBQ after.
I will be bringing my washburn and my banjo and some harps with me and have even composed a prison song on the banjo (sort of) to play for my buddy whose going away.
I hope he likes it.
Cool hand Luke:)

No comments:

Post a Comment