Sunday, April 01, 2007


Lux
A while back, a Keurig coffee maker appeared at the office. I tried a few cups and decided I wanted one at home. Now $100 is a lot of money for a coffee pot and the coffee for it isn't exactly cheap either so I thought about it for several weeks while I saved pennies for such an extravagant expense. There was also the problem that the k-cups weren't recyclable and one of my pet peeves is the excess packaging that I already have to stuff in my trashcan every day. Despite all these misgivings, the coffee was so damn good that I did go ahead and buy one and I'd have to say it was one of the best purchases I have ever made. The ability to have a cup of excellent coffee first thing in the morning without any fumbling of water or grinding of coffee beans and virtually no wait for the brewing is pure luxury. The only way I could top this would be if I had hired help to grind the beans, boil the water, french press a cup and then bring it to me in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment