Sunday, March 27, 2005

SULLIVAN THE TERRIBLE

I am sullivan the terrible, destroyer of socks and all manner of paper products. I am also the arch nemesis of King Theo, the alpha dog in our little canine kingdom. I strongly believe that I should be the alpha dog in this group, I am smarter and stronger than King Theo...he has the blight of the hips, but is wiser than I in the ways of being an alpha dog in this house, the way he trades household trash for treats is breathtaking and annoying...I can't believe the humans are so gullible. But I am smarter than he...having mastered the command of sit and the command of gently when the humans offer me tribute in the form of meat or cheese. I have drawn his blood more than once, spraying it on the walls and floors of this house, but he has bested me each time. Being longer in the tooth and wise in the ways of compensation. (Plus his maw is bigger and sharper than mine) Our conflicts have resulted in a permanent seperation. I spend much of my time in the cave...my humans call it the "office". Over the months I have become accustomed with this arrangement, and accept it as my fate. The humans changed the format of the house last year and eliminated the couch,I loved the couch. it allowed me to lay in close proximity of the humans performing the act they call "snuggling", in favor of chairs and ottomans. I have been couchless until the humans bought a couch last month. While I would not get in the chairs, the couch is another story. I love the couch.
Take today for example, I spent the entire morning on the couch snuggling with my dad. Three plus hours of bliss, pressing my self into his leg...sound asleep, sighing and gently snoring, with the occaisional stretch. It was dog heaven. I think that's why they bought the couch.
he's right.:)
Love ya Sully. Your'e worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment