Tuesday, March 15, 2005

HOT PANEL

Something that happens alot where I work is that the other trades and the project managers add things. On this current job, the fire alarm conduit and wiring was one of those add ons. It was deemed appropriate for me to do on my own, so I did. Today I landed the NAC box (nerve center of the alarm system) and ran the pipe from it to the panel. I wired the 120 volt connection between the panel ( an energized panel ) and the box, bent all the conduit, installed it and ran the preliminary run of wire out to the ass end of the home run. It was my gig, and while my journeyman consulted with me, I ran the show on the planning and execution of this part of the project.
It's hard for me to imagine that ten short months ago I was terrified of breaker panels and didn't have the slightest clue what a three point saddle was. but I did it. and it looks good.
But enough tooting of my own horn.
My son landed a job (pending a sucessful drug screen) ! And a check of my comments from last nights homefront post has Brandy exhibiting the kind of youthful optimism that makes you smile. And a certain ingerlish mate that infers I smell like wee :). For the record, I may be old but I still smell like vodka, ask Nigel, he'll tell you.
As far as the short story "Shotgun" goes...you know the one that could turn into the novel?...I'll be experimenting with styles as they correspond to the levels of the story as it develops.
There's alot of baggage trailing behind me regarding my career in the psychic wars, almost twenty years worth. But I have decided to let myself leap around and (hopefully) sort it out later. And I will, this weekend I hope.
But for now I just want to savor the relief of my son finding a job and the satisfaction of knowing that I too can be an electrician.

No comments:

Post a Comment