Monday, March 14, 2005

I was warned
The first week I was at this job one of the training instructors, a long-term employee, warned me that three day weekends were dangerous. At the time I assumed he meant it from a training standpoint because it was hard enough to remember things over a two day weekend. After I'd been there a while I decided it was probably dangerous because policy and procedure change so quickly. A quick check of my email this morning confirmed that. A few things have changed while I was away for a whole three days. But I suspect the biggest danger is that three days off is just long enough to remember what life is like when you are not chained to a phone all day long and it's really hard to convince yourself to go back to it. I've said it before, though maybe not here, but this is a perfect part-time job and if I were facing only four or five hours on the phone today, I'd be doing a lot less kicking and screaming right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment