Friday, March 04, 2005

I was so tempted
There was a call at work for folks to switch to the night shift. Night shift is more money for less work, but the most appealing thing was that I'm by nature a night owl. Send me out on a week long camping trip and I'll quickly switch to staying up all night and then going to bed after the sun comes up in the morning. There were two reasons I decided not to go for it. The first is that Rob wasn't too keen on the idea. The second reason is that it's almost impossible to sleep during the day at this house. I've got a retired neighbor on one side that's very fond of power tools and dogs all around us that like to bark during the day which sets ours to barking as well. Then there's the race car owner and the motorcycle racers that tend to fine tune their vehicles during the morning hours as well as the very noisy bus traffic, street sweepers, tree trimmers and various water or sewer line replacement projects. All said, I'd probably never get any sleep. I think I'll stick with the day shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment