Tuesday, March 01, 2005

MAN, THAT'S A BADASS DOG (S)

First, some stats...

Rottweilers and Pit Bulls were involved in 60 percent of the 27 dog bite fatalities that occurred in 1997 and 1998. Rottweilers were involved in 10 deaths, and Pit Bulls were involved in 6.

From 1979 through 1998, at least 25 breeds of dogs have been involved in 238 human dog bite related deaths. Pit Bulls and Rottweilers were involved in more than 50 percent of these deaths.

There's legislation up for consideration in Texas put forth by a senator in Dallas that would significantly increase an owners liability in the event of an unprovoked attack by a dog. If the dog killed someone, you could face a felony charge of manslaughter. His initial intention was to ban the ownership of pit bulls altogether, but logistically that would never work, so he apparently settled on this bill.
Check out this top ten list of dogs attacking people resulting in death:
1- Pit Bull ... I can't be objective, I have witnessed the savagery of this breed, and have personally sent 3 to hell via gunshot wounds. I have also had the pleasure of meeting a couple of pits that were awesome dogs, primarily because the owners were awesome people and responsible dog owners rather than freaks who like to watch dogs fight or have small peni, or usually both. I still don't trust them.If a pit comes on my property, it is dead pit. Sorry. You should be safely ensconcsed in your own back yard attached to a tow chain. Which is no way to have a pet, and I'm using pet in the loosest sense of the word. Weapon would have been a better choice.
2- Rottweiler...Another canine victim of diminutive penis syndrome. Is it just me, or have Rotties gotten bigger and bigger over the years? The Omen didn't help either. I have never had a bad experience with a rottie*. In fact, my old neighbor had one that he kept chained up with a tow chain and window weights attached, not because he was mean, but because he liked to jump the fence and roam. One cold, rainy January night, I kept hearing a dog whining out front. I went out to investigate, only to find that he had somehow managed to get over the fence and was slowly strangling himself from the weight of the chain and the window weights. (my neighbor was a horrible dog owner from ignorance not spite BTW). I approached this dog, in the dark. I managed to get the chain weight thing off, but his collar was hopelessly hung up in the chain link. He allowed me to work a knife between his neck and the collar and free him. I put him in our old gig van for the night with a blanket and some food and water, and after that night he was my best friend. He would escape and come to our porch and just hang out. He would go for rides in the van with me, jumping up behind the drivers seat with his head on my shoulder. Our pizza deliverystickers had a memo that said "friendly rottweiler on front porch". He never hurt anyone. He was an awesome dog. Then one day, he was gone. I think the dog police got him. I think about him often, and the fact that he was able to understand that I had enough regard for him to cut him down off a fence that he adopted me tells me volumes about this breed of dog.* I take that back...I was still cleaning pools when this new customer who had several dogs had a rottie that hated me and would not let me in the yard, any other cleaner...no problem. Even when the owner was present he menaced me, and once tried to cock his leg on my back. I think it was the tattoos...who knows?
3- Chow Chow...I don't like chows...purple tongues and a pulsating asshole always on display. They strike me as schitzy dogs and I don't trust them.
4- Doberman...I worked with a guy in Colorado that had a doberman named Dillenger. He was very smart and very well trained, unfortunately he was trained by a guy with a small dick AND an ex- coke whore titty dancer girlfriend/wife. His training was "sic 'em" oriented, and he was so protective, he jumped over into the neighbors yard and mauled their 7 year old daughter, who was apparently a threat to the safety of the family. On the other hand, a friend of mine in high school had a doberman that liked to run around with us and smoke weed...a very mellow dog. She was trained to fetch a ball and shake hands.
5- German Shepherd Dog...I like German Shepherds...My parents had one in england that my dad brought home as a pup, all sickly with rickets and such. My mom nursed him back to health and he was the most awesome dog. I was just a baby, but I have pictures of Lancer, and he was a beautiful dog. Once, my mom was having a nap, when she woke up to lancer straddling her on the bed growling at the window...Lancer crashed through the window and ran the intruder off. The police found blood around the area of the window, but not a mark on Lancer.
6- Siberian Husky...I like huskys...They have that omnipresent butthole thing like a chow, but at least it doesn't pulsate.
7- St. Bernard...I once saw a st. bernard attack a football dog in zilker park for no reason. The owner had him in a headlock on the ground punching him in the face and the dog refused to let go, it finally did, and the football dog was mangled, alive but mangled. This dog was in control of the master, and I imagine it out weighed him by at least 75 pounds.
Too big. They don't belong in Texas...too hot.
8- Alaskan Malamute...I love malamutes...great dogs.
9- Great Dane...There were 3 in my neighborhood growing up...if they were running loose at night and it was cold, my mom would let them spend the night. 3 danes and our setter in the very small living room of the mobile home we lived in at the time. It was wall to wall dog, and they seemed to appreciate the fact that they were indoors with us instead of on the porch of their owner, wishing they were inside.
10- Akita...No personal experience, but thay have that chow asshole thing happening. Pucker factor 8...too tense for me.
It's all about the owner folks...When people would ask me if my greastest dog ever, Buddy, bit; Depending on the person asking I would often reply "Only if I tell him too". And that was the truth. He would never hurt anyone and never did in all of his years. He pinned a guy to the ground once and backed him out of the yard and warned off an asshole at a party who kept fucking with him despite my repeated warnings, but he stopped right away when I called him off. And there was this time at Eyores birthday party when some frat boys sic'ed their dalmation on him and I let him go after it with a simple command "watch 'em", and after the dalmation pussed out and the frat boys pissed themselves, I called him off with a simple command "he-yah"! He stopped immediately and we walked away, the both of us smiling. I hate frat boys, but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment