Thursday, March 24, 2005

Couldn't ask for better weather
We had a cool morning which warmed gradually to a high of 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The sky was a bright blue with a few white puffy clouds and the bees were buzzing around the redbud trees at work. I spend as much of my lunch hour as possible outside on nice days and this time of year I don't have to worry too much about getting a sunburn. Ah, just give it a few more weeks and I'll be sporting a hat and long sleeves if I'm going to be outside in the sun more than 20 minutes. Unfortunately, I no longer have any light weight long sleeve shirts so I'm going to have to keep my eye out for some new ones that will work. In the summer heat here, they absolutely have to be made of cotton and have a light weave. That's easy enough to find if you have money to burn (just go to REI or Whole Earth Provision), but on our budget I might just order blanks from Dharma and dye them myself. That would be a lot more fun than shopping anyway. Now I AM going to have to bite the bullet and go shopping next week though for new duds to wear to Kyle's wedding. I'll be looking for something appropriate for my new role as the hippy mother-in-law and grandmother to be. I should probably just catch the bus down to SoCo, though I might do better at the vintage shops. I don't think the skirt and top I've got in mind has been made since the 70's.

No comments:

Post a Comment