Sunday, March 13, 2005

A good time
I gave up on the chronical of events when the internet connection went south, but I did finish Friday with a nice little fire in the chiminera and having forgot it was Friday, I missed Stargate SG-1, but did manage to catch Stargate Atlantis before I headed off to bed. Saturday was relatively uneventful. Rob was working overtime so I took the opportunity to lounge around the house and do a whole lot of nothing. Good for the soul as was the extra long hot bath I took because I didn't have to worry about sharing the bathroom with anyone. Heh.

Rob and I finished up the evening with an even better fire in the chiminera accompanied by favorite tunes, good conversation and plenty of adult beverages. Today we had lunch at my folks and it was nice to hobnob with the parental units and my brother whom I haven't seen in months even though he lives right down the street from me. I'm sure many folks would think that it's weird that he literally lives on the same street as I do, but I've never been to his place nor has he ever been to mine. My brother and are about about 15 years apart so we are definately not twins, but we so much alike that it's spooky. And since we are so much alike neither one of us would think to disturb the other's hermitlike, geekish existance with a pointless phone call or visit. We parted with a half-ass promise to start walking together in the evenings for exercise seeing as how we live a block away from each other. It would be cool if it came to pass, but I'm not holding my breath. Like me, he'd much rather sit at the computer after work than walk around the block.

Well, the sun is going down fast and it's getting chilly out here on the deck (the only place we can get internet access at the moment) so I better get moving on finding some more dead wood in the yard to build another fire. Time to pass the computer over to Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment