Thursday, March 03, 2005

GETTIN' READY FOR THE CORDITE FEST

I have'nt shot my guns since that time after that bastard of a piece of irish dogshit fired me for no good reason and I went to the range and fired several hundred rounds into targets with his name on them, only to ignore the gun until the next time, when it jammed and fucked up my thing. Well, I cleaned and scraped and cleaned some more and now it's time for the second annual Texas independence day cordite fest, featuring the same players from last year.
I'm happy to say that my guns have survived the down time and are ready for action. They just needed a bit of oil.
The cases, on the other hand, were covered with dust and dog hair, thank god they are soft cases. As weird as it sounds, I put them in the washer...on gentle cycle, so my gun cases will be snuggles soft on cordite day. They will exude a spring fresh scent while carrying an instrument of death.
So I've been gathering up my clips and my slugs and my hollow points getting ready for the big day. We will shoot on the 100 metre range, the 50 and the 35...we will run the skeet range. And we will retire to Rusty's place for BBQ and beer after.
Look to us for pictures next week...Happy Texas Independence Day...BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment